- In essential beliefs . . . we have unity. (Ephesians 4:4-6)
- In non-essential beliefs . . . we have liberty. (Romans 14:1, 22)
- In all our beliefs . . . we show love. (1 Corinthians 13:2)
- In the teachings of historical Christianity.
- All people were created by God in His image and should therefore matter to us. Everyone is welcome at Reynoldsburg UMC, no matter where they are in their spiritual life.
- The Bible is a guidebook from God that we can trust for helping us along our journey.
- God’s very existence is community – God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit.
- Jesus makes forgiveness possible for everyone – His sacrificial life, death, and resurrection is a gift from God that gives us freedom from the mistakes and failures of our past and freedom to be what God created us to be. Embracing faith in Jesus is the only way for this restoration to happen.
- Taking time to investigate the claims of Christ is important; doing so within the context of community provides for a rooted spiritual life.
- Communion is a significant way we remember Christ’s sacrificial lifestyle and anticipate His return. When we participate in the Lord’s Supper as a community, it is a time of both celebration and reflection.
You can find a wealth of reading material on our denomination website.